A PERFECT MATCH
Your new best friend could be waiting for you now!
>>GO TO PLACEMENT SERVICES
Although we do not run an independent shelter, we maintain a list with hundreds of pets in private homes just waiting to have a family of their own. If you are interested in adopting, and committed to providing a loving home for the duration of a pet's lifetime, we have many who would love to be your new companion.
View Available Cats
View Available Dogs
Adoption Application for Other Animals
Important adoption tips:
- SCC is not a first-come, first-served organization, as we are
looking for the best possible homes for the pets we have listed. Thus,
we are not in a rush to put them into a new home ASAP and would rather
take the time to find the best homes.
- We do our best to respond in a timely manner, but since we have
a limited number of adoption counselors and receive many applications
every day, this is not instantaneous (currently, it can take up to one
week before your application is processed).
- If you are interested in finding a pet for your family, it is very important to fill out the adoption application completely.
We have been unable to contact a number of prospective families due to
common errors such as missing/incorrect phone numbers and email
- It is important to write down the name of the counselor who
responds to your application, since we do not have a central location.
Counselors are assigned to specific applications, so if you know who
you are working with, it will make answering your questions or
inquiries much quicker, as we will know where to forward them.
- Look through the available pets listed below. If you find one
or more pets that may be of interest to you, please make a note of
their names. Due to the overwhelming number of applications we
receive, we can only accept applications for pets that are currently
- SCC cannot be held liable for any pre-existing conditions or misrepresentations unknown to them.
Minimum adoption donations:
Kittens (6 months and younger): $100
Cats over 6 months: $50
Purebred (with papers): $150
Senior (10 yrs or older) or Lifelong Medical Issues: $35
Puppies (6 months and younger): $150
Dogs over 6 months: $100
Purebred (with papers): $250
Senior (determined by breed) or Lifelong Medical Issues: $60
SCC does not have a facility in which to house your pet, so we ask that it stay with you while we assist with permanent placement. We request the following from you:
- Detailed, accurate information about the pet's habits, training and health, including immunization and spay or neuter
- A color photo for publication on our website and other advertising sources, if available
- Attendance at adoption events as often as possible to enhance chances of adoption
- A donation of $10
- Represent your pet accurately from the information you provide
- Advertise your pet as available for adoption on our website
- Publish a listing of all available pets in other formats
- Screen potential adopters
- Refer potential adopters to you for final screening - you have the final say in who adopts your pet
SCC believes that very few pets are "unadoptable" and with patience and persistence, the right home can be found. We will make every effort to find a suitable home for your pet in a timely fashion. However, we cannot guarantee results in a given timeframe.
Because SCC has a limited number of foster homes available, and they are almost always stretched thin, we also cannot guarantee that a foster home will be available for your pet.
>>BACK TO TOP
Wish you could save them all?
Help us save them one by one...
Join our mailing list for news and event updates